Friday, April 16, 2010

Pig Out


Well I can finally say that I have visited a pig farm. Now, this wasn't exactly one of my all-time top things on the list of things I wanted to do in my life, but it was certainly enlightening. I'm currently on my Spring Break from school, and for kicks, my roommates and I decided to visit our roommate's familyin Burley, Idaho. They live in the middle of nowhere on a mountain with a gorgeous view of the valley that is absolutely unparalleled.
Now, when visiting people, usually I get to sleep on a couch or in a spare room or something, but not this time. We were given the wonderful opportunity to sleep and stay in the barn. Yep, I was pretty surprised when I learned that, too. So here we were thinking that we'd be sleeping in the hay, relying on Jenna's comforter and mattress pad to keep us warm in the cold, windy nights.
But wouldn't you know it, when we got there, the barn was nothing less than a second house ... which was probably worth more than the house I've grown up in!
On Monday, Nicole and her brother took my roommates and I to the pig farms, which are also out in the middle of nowhere, just east. When you think about pigs, you think about how dirty they are, right? Dirty, smelly, muddy, etc. But the interesting thing about these pigs was that we actually had to shower off before we were able to go see them. We couldn't contaminate the pigs. Sounds crazy, but it's true! But it's actually a really good thing because the pigs have less of a chance of getting sick if people aren't bringing their sick people-germs into the room with them.
Pigs are so cool! Strange and kinda wierd, but cool! We had a ton of fun at the farm.
The best part of our trip though, apart from the pigs and the ridiculously long drive into town, was the family's dog. He was so adorable and fun to play with. It made me want a dog super bad.
One day I'll get a beagle and name him Ralph and he'll be my baby and I'll love him to death. But until that day, I'll just have make due playing with other people's pets.

Have a great spring day! :)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment